GENERAL RULES & CONDITIONS – Winter Series
Placings will be decided with the rider gaining the highest combined score from the PTV and Control of Paces phases taking the first prize. In the event of equality the highest score from PTV will take precedence.
RULES AS PER THE TREC GB RULEBOOK AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD FROM WWW.TRECGB.COM
- Competitions are open to all horses and ponies providing that they are a minimum of 4yrs of age.
- Riders any age, juniors may ride horses and seniors may ride ponies.
- No rider will be permitted to start any phase of the event unless wearing a hard hat, which meets current standard recommended by the BHS eg PAS 015,or ASTMF 1163 and bearing kite mark or SEI that is properly fitted and fastened with a chinstrap. See below***
- Riders may choose to wear a body protector during any phase of the competition. If worn, Beta 3 standard is strongly recommended.
- Tack & dress informal but safe. Riders must wear suitable riding footwear.
- Standing Martingales and other fixed reins are forbidden. If a running martingale is used, horse must be led from head collar and lead rope for led PTV obstacles.
- Whips must not exceed 75cms. Spurs, if worn, must be rounded, not exceeding 3.5cms in length and pointed downwards.
- The judges and officials decision is final and must be complied with at all times. Uncorrected error on PTV course will result in a ZERO score for the PTV. Elimination may result for any of the following reasons: Excessive use of whip, Abusive language, Dangerous riding,
- No horse or pony may compete more than once in any affiliated class.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT HATS THAT ARE STANDARD EN 1384 ONLY CAN NO LONGER BE USED IN A TREC COMPETITION. Hats as stated above are acceptable. Check the rulebook for full list